Dr. Gus Vickery will present “Wellness in the Workplace,” a special presentation and Q&A as part of the Asheville Chamber of Commerce 2018-19 Smart Speaker series. This event is open to Asheville Chamber of Commerce members.
"5 Simple Daily Habits That Improve Health and Energy During Your Workday"
Do you lack energy at the office? Do you constantly feel like you're on the edge of getting ill and missing work--again? Join Dr. Gus Vickery, MD, director of award-winning local medical practice Vickery Family Medicine and author of Authentic Health (MJP, May 2018) as he leads you through five simple yet highly effective ways to integrate wellness into your work schedule. Dr. Vickery will discuss:
1) Morning routines - Breathing, light exercise, gratitude exercise to promote positive mindset
2) Desk mindfulness - postural awareness and proper breathing
3) Movement - Ways to engage the physical body throughout the work day
4) Hydration and natural light exposure
5) Eating at the office - two guidelines for eating that promote health
He will also include a 2-minute breathing and mindfulness exercise to eliminate stress and improve focus. Join us for a 45-minute presentation with optional quick Q&A at the end.